“It was just a perfect fit.
He was the perfect fit for our vision.
I knew that we had something special.”
– Browns coach Hue Jackson after the Browns’ 26-17 loss to the Steelers on Thursday, Oct. 30, 2019, at NRG Stadium in Houston.
“The best thing about him is that he’s just so smart.
He knows the game.
He understands everything.
He’s just the perfect guy for the job.”
– Patriots owner Robert Kraft on signing QB Josh McCown to a five-year, $80 million contract extension, which included a $27 million signing bonus.
“We’re just so lucky to have him.
He loves the game of football.
He has the ability to learn.
He does it well.
He is a really smart guy.
And we’re really fortunate to have a guy like him.”
– Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on McCown signing the deal, which was reportedly the biggest-ever contract for a quarterback in NFL history.
“Josh McCown is an outstanding young man, and I think he has a lot of upside.”
– Colts owner Jim Irsay, on signing McCown, per NFL Media’s Albert Breer.
“I think Josh McCaughey is a terrific football player.
I think Josh has a very bright future in the NFL.”
– Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt on signing WR Dorial Green-Beckham, per the Tennessean.
“He’s the type of player that can be a great player.
He can do it all.
He makes plays.
I’m really happy for him.
I really love Dorial.
He brings something special to the table.”
– Texans coach Bill O’Brien on signing CB Kareem Jackson, per USA Today’s John McClain.
“You can’t really tell.
I don’t think anybody could.
He just has such a knack for making plays.
He might be the best CB in the league.
He’ll be a very special player.
But I think we’ll be fine.”
– Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell on signing TE Blake Bortles, per ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
“That’s going to be a tough one to say, but I think I’m going to go with a guy that is very versatile.
He could probably play either side of the ball.”
– Ravens GM Ozzie Newsome on signing DE Elvis Dumervil, per Bleacher Report’s Mike Freeman.
“His size is very good.
I have no idea what he can do, but he is a very good pass rusher.
He may be a little bit more explosive, but there are not a lot guys that can do that.”
– Dolphins GM Jeff Ireland on signing OLB Laremy Tunsil, Per USA Today Sports’ Paul Kuharsky.
“Tunsil is a special player.”
– Broncos GM John Elway on signing DT Mychal Kendricks, per FOX Sports’ Mike Klis.
“Kendricks is a great athlete.
He moves well and he has the length and power that he needs to play defensive end.
He also has the size to play outside.”
– Rams GM Les Snead on signing OT Jake Matthews, per CBS Sports’ Nick Wagoner.
He’s very athletic, but at the same time he’s very quick, so you have to be patient.”
– Eagles coach Doug Pederson on signing LB Brandon Graham, per Yahoo Sports’ Evan Silva.
“Graham is a big, physical player.
A lot of times, you don’t see that in a linebacker, but with Graham, it is very evident.”
– Falcons coach Dan Quinn on signing DB Jalen Ramsey, per Sports Illustrated’s Paul Gutierrez.
“Ramsey is a phenomenal player, and he is very athletic.”
– Panthers GM Dave Gettleman on signing S Justin Ellis, per The Charlotte Observer’s John Ourand.
“Ellis is a tough player.
If he was an athlete, he’d probably be a first-round pick.
But he’s a very solid player.”
– Saints GM Mickey Loomis on signing RB Mark Ingram, per NJ Advance Media’s Jeff Dickerson.
“Ingram is a freak athlete.
I’ve never seen him lose weight.
He runs very fast.
He plays with so much confidence.
He works so hard.
He really is a monster in the run game.
I love what he brings to the team.
He needs to improve in every area of the game.”
– Jets GM John Idzik on signing G Cameron Erving, per New York Daily News’ Mike Garafolo.
“Erving is a guy who can create pressure on quarterbacks.
He ran the 40 at the combine, so that’s really good.”
– Steelers coach Mike Tomlin on signing ILB DeAngelo Hall, per Pro Football Talk’s Dan Duggan.
“Hall is an exceptional athlete, but a lot